Friday, November 12, 2010

It's not Lupus...

Because my back has really been bothering me, I really didn't want to do a blog post tonight. I really just wanted to lay in bed and read a book, and not move around... so much for that, but this is going to be a quick one.

Had a pretty good day today, mostly because I went to a movie with my daughter and a friend. We saw Megamind which has Will Ferrell as a voice actor of the main character, Megamind, who is a very clumsy villain in the story. It was quite entertaining, and I wouldn't mind owning it when it comes out on DVD. The crappy thing was that it was sleeting outside when I drove my friend home, and anyone that knows me knows that I suck at any kind of winter... so that was fun. Mostly because everyone else was driving like crap too.

My night was going pretty well and relaxed (besides the back pain) until my mother called and told me she has Lupus. Okay... after I had a good sized freak out I found out that her doctor "suspects" that is what is wrong with her. I love my mom, don't get me wrong, but she does tend to say whatever she thinks will get the most sympathetic reactions out of people, and I guess this was just one too many over the line for me. I basically gave her an earful about not giving me a pre-diagnosis, just the facts, no more and no less. There is no need to get the world worked up about the possibilities of things when it serves no purpose. I told her that it was more than I could handle, and just to give me the facts when they are there.

So it might have been harsh, but sometimes I have to be harsh with my mom. That, however, is far too much to tell all in one sitting and after I am already irritated with her, now is not the time. Maybe some other day... not when I am in a great mood, to be sure, because that would just get my blood boiling. but when I am feeling... different.

For now, I am thankful for her health. I am thankful for family. I am thankful for puppies and kittens and children and heating pads. I am also thankful for you. Good night, dear reader.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry your Mom chopped into your post sleet mellow mood. And thanks for the movie plug. Will keep it in mind.

    Unrelated curious blog question: Do you get statistics that tell you how many read your entries? I ask because it would drive me crazy not to know and wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, yes. And it tells me where most people are directed from (like, Twitter, FB, NetworkedBlogs) I get all kinds of stats. Love it.

    ReplyDelete