Thursday, February 4, 2010

Again? Seriously??!!

So yeah, got on the same rant I did before about my mom, only this one to my Psych professor. We were talking about mental illness as a hereditary disease and Nature vs. Nurture, blah blah blah. My professor, I am pretty sure, was just trying to get me going mostly because I am the only one in the class who actually wants to go against what the text says, and because discussion board postings aren't graded on content that can be considered true or false she likes to push my hot buttons. She knew she had found a topic I would rant about so I did. I really just don't want to talk about it anymore. There's nothing that I can do, so I would rather not think about it. And as for mental illness being hereditary? Well, I don't even want to go back into that...

On a better note, though, I have been practicing the monologue and getting pretty far with it. I am quite stoked. Most of the time I just need a teeny little clue to remember the lines I forget and as soon as I can eliminate those, I will be more confident. I have little to no trouble writing the whole thing out, but it will be way different trying to make it conversational. I need to remind myself to get batteries for my voice recorder. I think that will make all the difference in the world having that as a backup for before the actual audition.

In other news, it was a long day for me. The homework is sort of yanking me away from the other things that I have to do, but the homework trumps everything else because I have to rely on the government to keep paying for school. Sort of puts me over the barrel when all of my professors decide to pile it on simultaneously. Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love school and do very well at it, it is just very time consuming. Especially when doing it all online. You normally have one class a day (maybe two) at the school, you have an assignment to finish and bring back. This way requires me to check in to four classes DAILY, with one to two assignments due each week. But I love it. I really do.

I paid for the parts for my car today and that stung a little... I mean, it has to be done right? I have to have wheels to get around and thank the gods I shall only have to change these on the car once. *Does that knocking on wood thing*

I suppose I had better get busy doing something... If anything else comes to mind, I'll be back with more.

Oh, and don't forget to feed the fish. They like the attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment