Sunday, January 31, 2010

Yeah, yeah, yeah...

I know. I skipped a day. But yesterday was extremely busy for me. I got my new tattoo, which was meant to be a quarter sleeve and quickly turned into a half sleeve. While it's not quite done yet, and pictures don't do it justice, the tattoo is breathtaking. I sat in the chair just enjoying the pain and solitude of it all. The artist sat with his buds in his ears and went into "the zone" and I did pretty much the same. I even had to stop myself from sleeping a few times because I was nervous that I would jerk awake and screw him up. I was there for five hours and ended up with something that will make me smile every time I look at it. I shot a copy of it to Neil Gaiman and he approves, so now I am looking for the artist's contact information so that I can shoot her a copy of the finished product. I love it so much.

I would recommend this artist to everyone, and I did, several times this evening. He was so light handed and made me absolutely comfortable while doing the tattoo.

So the next question you have is, "What about when you're at work?" Well, sadly she'll be covered, but I did this more for me than anyone else. If other people see her, that is pretty inconsequential to me. I have no issues with having her protected from the sun anyway. I know I will be dolloping on the sunscreen this summer!

My fiance was also tattooed today, and it was interesting going through the process together. It seemed almost symbolic, but that could be me reading into things a bit too far. Needless to say, his piece is just as gorgeous as mine... but I love mine more.

I think that's about it for me for now. It's 5:30 in the morning and I have stuff to do later today, so I am going to get what sleep I can. Much love to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment