Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Yule Tidings!

This year, for the first time in several centuries, there is a full lunar eclipse on the Winter Solstice. I plan to do some very simple meditation tonight, and in the spirit of the season, I plan to start fresh.

The last year has been filled with many ups and downs, the downs sometimes outweighing the ups, but my family has managed to pull through them all. Oddly, every time something bad has happened something good has tried to counter it. Though it's getting harder and harder for the little good things to outweigh the huge bad things, I have to be thankful that the world seems to be trying.

I am trying to remain positive, and to feel the power of things moving toward a newness... a freshness for the coming year that we could really use. I know that thinking that the energies will bring good to us sounds wishy-washy, but it seems like something good is in the air tonight. I keep talking about how the snow seems to blanket everything with freshness, sort of starting everything over with a clean slate. Somehow, though I wanted badly to see this eclipse, the gift of snow falling in the air on this new season's eve seemed appropriate.

We're going to start fresh and we're going to be okay. There's good things on the air for us, and we're going to go out and grab them up for ourselves. Through hard work, perseverance, and the spirit within us, we are going to make it out of this alright.

For those of my friends celebrating Yule; good tidings to you, and blessed be! May you all sleep in peace tonight and may the God and Goddess smile upon you. Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment