Sunday, February 27, 2011

What I have to say about the negative

I am going to come straight out and say it. Some people in this world are just despicable people. Some people in this world just commit despicable actions. What is the difference, you might ask? I'd like to think that the people writing the horrid things that they are about me are, in the real world, good people; They stand by their beliefs and care very much for their friends and families. They give to charity and care about their fellow man. They love and they cry, and they dream. They are people. Their actions may make them look like despicable people, but they aren't. They are defending what they believe in, in a convoluted way. They are fighting for what they think is right, in a very nasty way. They are people who committed a despicable action, in my opinion, but they are still just people.

I know that in time, I will fade once again into obscurity. This story will be forgotten, while others remain and that is just fine by me. Wonderful, really. I would much rather be known for the fiction that I create rather than articles. I wrote for my college's paper. I was, in point of fact, the Editor in Chief for a time. I disliked politics of any kind because of the animosity it creates and this is a perfect example.

I know that I didn't lie, though I have been accused of lying. I know that I am a decent person, a kind person, a compassionate person. That's why all of this has affected me so personally. Because people are attacking me. They attack my character. I am just glad that the rock I have to cling to in this raging river of animosity is the fact that I am a good person. Anyone who takes the time to know me outside of a blog would learn that as well.

This is a very hard time for the State of Wisconsin. Things are crazy in ways that we have never seen before. People are watching their politicians now! They are paying attention to law and by-law. Civics are alive and well and people are paying attention. There are things to remember in a time like this; Have a stance but don't allow it to make you stand over others. Bend like the willow, and do not break. Be kind to others. Listen; not just with your ears but with your heart. Do not dismiss things as hoax just because someone more fanatical than the next tells you to, because they know it will create a sensation.

I am not telling anyone to take my side or stand with me. I am not telling anyone to believe what I believe because each person must believe in themselves first. I will not be forced to hate Republicans or Tea Party members because a large group of them decides to darken my blog's door. I will stand with those I feel are right, because it is my right... just like it is yours to stand against us because it is your right. I will not out-shout you. I extend my hand in greeting to speak with you, to be open with you, to truly listen with my ears and with my heart. Show me more than statistics. Show me your heart.

I feel that Governor Walker is crossing that threshold from despicable action to despicable person. Why do I say this? Because he refuses to listen. He refuses to back down, and therefore propagates the refusal to back down on the left. There's no reasoning with a person who considers their own stance "THE ONLY" stance. To have someone like this in office is terrifying. I did not vote for this man. I know that some of you out there agree with his stance on things and that is your right to do so. Do you also agree with his stance on not talking it out with the other parties involved? If so, I have to say that you and I would not make great friends.

I have never been a person to judge others. I am a live and let live kind of gal except where it affects my family and friends. I have several friends and family members who would be affected by this. As a Democratic voter, I too will be affected by the crippling of unions. I side with those at the capital; my friends, my family, my kids' teachers, my local police officers, the laborers, the firefighters. I side with them because I side with those would who have our Governor listen. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that stance, and anyone to argue me on it is not worth my time.

I thank you all for taking the time to read this. I thank you for your support, your kind words, and even your arguments with me. You are all people. Go live. Go laugh with your friends and love your lovers and hold your children close. Go dream dreams and stand by your beliefs. Remember this; Your enemy today may be your friend tomorrow so choose your words wisely.

Much love to all of you.

11 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you for rising above the nastiness. Glad that you allowed me into your circle of friends even though we we may never meet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sent you a FB message. And fed the fish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't let those people bother you.
    I get crap like that on my blog at times and I just let it roll off most of the time.
    Sometimes I fire back at 'em.
    You have a good site, don't change because of the radical right.
    They too shall pass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Naomi Houser in 1777:

    "This is a very hard time for the American colonies. Things are crazy in ways that we have never seen before. People are watching their politicians now! They are paying attention to law and by-law. Civics are alive and well and people are paying attention. There are things to remember in a time like this; Have a stance but don't allow it to make you stand over others. Bend like the willow, and do not break. Be kind to others. Listen; not just with your ears but with your heart. Do not dismiss things as hoax just because the fanatics Sam Adams and Thomas Paine tell you to, because they know it will create a sensation.

    I am not telling anyone to take my side or stand with me. I am not telling anyone to believe what I believe because each person must believe in themselves first. I will not be forced to hate Revolutionaries or Enlightenment figures because a large group of them decides to darken my door. I will stand with those I feel are right, because it is my right... just like it is yours to stand against us because it is your right. I will not out-shout you. With General Sir William Howe and Admiral Lord Howe, I extend my hand in greeting to speak with you, to be open with you, to truly listen with my ears and with my heart. Show me more than statistics. Show me your heart.

    I feel that Mr. George Washington, the so-called "general" is crossing that threshold from despicable action to despicable person. Why do I say this? Because he refuses to listen. He thinks he is right. He wants his way. He refuses to back down, and therefore propagates the refusal to back down and surrender to us. There's no reasoning with a person who considers their own stance "THE ONLY" stance. To have someone like this in office is terrifying. I do not support this man. I support Lord North. I know that some of you out there agree with Mr. Washington's stance on things and that is your right to do so. Do you also agree with his stance on not talking it out with the other parties involved? If so, I have to say that you and I would not make great friends."

    If Naomi's ilk wins, the country will be ruined. Wisconsin is in dire condition, and Naomi wants her to take more of the same poison. No, we classical liberals cannot abide the left; enough kumbaya is enough. Therefore let us contend, your parasitical world view against ours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Anon- Since you are too much of a giant coward to share your name, I can safely tell whoever you are to fuck right off. And also die. Kumbaya, asshole. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Naomi - there are always going to be some jerks, and they will mostly be anonymous. 'tis good there are folks like you around to counterbalance a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stick in there Naomi, I share your sentiment in disdaining politics for the muck raking aspects, but now that the opinion is out there try to enjoy the bittersweet 15 minutes while it lasts and may the trolls, cowards and anonymous ranters leave only their opinions.

    While I don't agree with your decisions on making the original post, nor do I favor one side of the budget battle over the other as I feel this is merely pitting one crab against another while the whole pot is boiling over.

    I will, however, defend your right to free speech until that freedom is removed from us all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much MrNiceGuy! The original post wasn't added for any reason except to show that things in Wisconsin have truly gone mad. It wasn't to say much more than that and it really had no opinion in it except to say that Scott Walker is not well liked, it would seem.

    I never wanted any 15 minutes, that I assure you. Like I said, I am far more interested in people reading my fiction rather than reading my blog. LOL Fiction is such a better place to live in, don't you think? ;)

    I have to agree with you; the pot is boiling over. I just wish there was some middle ground rather than the hugely partisan world we live in. This is why I have always avoided politics. I go into that voting booth truly wishing the best things from those I vote for. This time was a straight Dem card, but it isn't always. I hope you are doing well, and are having a wonderful night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heh, that comment had everything. From attempting to twist "I vehemently disagree with you guys but I'm fairly certain you're just decent people in a bad mood" to "I hate America and want it to die", to the continued deification and posthumous fellatio of the founding fathers (Hey, they were cool, they did really good things, but the way some people talk you'd think they were deities incarnate come to walk among the mortals).

    It never ceases to amaze me just how delusional people can get. The anonymous twit here is just one example of many out there, whether in the tea party or just generally batshit insane, they actually believe they're proud revolutionaries in the same vein as their glorified founding fathers.

    Scott Walker isn't a revolutionary, he's a corporate shill who will happily sell out anyone his masters order him to. The tea party aren't the modern incarnation of brave minutemen, holding the line against the evil liberal redcoats, they're a bunch of dupes selling their health, their economic future, their rights for nothing but hollow promises from their corporate ringleaders.

    The founding fathers weren't noble deities among men, fighting for the holy and righteous cause of freedom from evil English tyranny. They were people, exceptionally motivated people yes, but people nonetheless with their own flaws. The country was not founded on high ideals, but rather on tax evasion. It's not a bad thing, it's just the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dont blame the misinformed for their ignorance. They have been lied to and manipulated. For the most part they only want the same things as you or I. We all strive for happiness and saftey for ourelves and our families, a secure future and pleasant memories. Unfortunately, They have been shown a very disturbing path to achieve these things. They are taught on a daily basis that the the use of violent rhetoric, insane logic and creative "facts" are the way. So when people lash out at you with vitriol remember they are like a dog who hasnt been trained or a child raised in a dysfunctional family. They are acting in the only way they know how, the way they have been programmed. So keep doing what your doing, you clearly are on the right side of history.

    ReplyDelete